Sunday, August 5, 2012

He's Calling You!

Jesus stopped and said, "Tell the man to come here." So they called the blind man. They said, "Be happy! Stand up! Jesus is calling you." The blind man stood quickly. He left his coat there and went to Jesus

Today's Verses in Context
Then they came to the town of Jericho. Jesus was leaving that town with his followers and many other people. A blind man named Bartimaeus (son of Timaeus) was sitting by the road. This man was always begging for money. The blind man heard that Jesus from Nazareth was walking by. The blind man shouted, "Jesus, Son of David, please help me!" Many people criticized the blind man. They told him not to speak. But the blind man shouted more and more, "Son of David, please help me!" Jesus stopped and said, "Tell the man to come here." So they called the blind man. They said, "Be happy! Stand up! Jesus is calling you." The blind man stood quickly. He left his coat there and went to Jesus. Jesus asked the man, "What do you want me to do for you?" The blind man answered, "Teacher, I want to see again." Jesus said, "Go. You are healed because you believed." Then the man was able to see again. He followed Jesus on the road.
Key Thought
Jesus still calls to us! He wants us to hear the message of his life -- you can come to me and receive life, he speaks to us. He wants us to hear the message of his teaching -- you who are heavy burdened come to me and learn from me and find rest with me, he tells us. He wants us to hear the message of his resurrection -- you can come to me and find rest, safety, and joy in my presence, he wants us to know. Jesus is calling to you. Will you follow him?
Today's Prayer
O Father in heaven, help me hear the voice of Jesus calling to me to follow, to find rest, and to focus on the glorious future that I have in him. Give me courage to keep hearing his voice and following him faithfully. In Jesus' name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment