Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.Proverbs 3:5-6

Today is the perfect day to give you the bible verse totrust in the Lord. Not because it is a bad day, or a day filled with trials, but because it is a good day. For me, when things are rough is when I am forced to trust in the Lord, but when things are good then I soon forget to trust God and instead start trusting in my own strength, my own power, my own intellect. So for me, today is a good day to share with you the bible verse to trust in the Lord.

To Trust in the Lord is not done just with our head.

It can’t be accomplished with head knowledge. It has to come from the heart. The only way you can do that is to have a personal relationship with Jesus. You cannot lean on your own understanding or your own intellect or ability to solve a problem or conquer life alone. You must put your trust in Jesus. For me that is easier when it is obvious that I cannot handle a problem, but when things are going good, then it becomes easy to trust in my own abilities. 

When we trust in the Lord, then we give up ownership of our life and our destiny.

Our life is no longer our own. That is what it means to acknowledge Him. It means to continually acknowledge that He is in control. However that is not a bad thing. God knows everything, sees everything, controls everything and when we know that He loves us so much that He was willing to send Jesus to this earth to die on the cross for us, then we cantrust that our future is in good hands. Better hands than our own. 
So today’s bible verse if for all of you that are like me. Tempted to take control of your own life and destiny, rather than trusting in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment